A Note From Our Founder…
I founded this business to help advisors and institutions successfully navigate change and uncertainty – and thrive.
Our mission is now more critical than ever.
The American and Canadian consumers need YOUR help. We are here to help you find them, nurture them, and turn them into clients for life. Let us know how we can help your clients, your teams, and your families.
Content & Presentations
Coaching Your Clients to Think Critically
In this short clip, Penny discussed how to construct powerful open-ended questions that lead your clients from challenge to solution.
Leading Clients and Teams in a Time of Uncertainty
Forget “business as usual.” You must quickly adapt and communicate six very specific messages to clients and team members. The benefits are numerous, including a team that is stronger than ever, enhanced client relationships and new business opportunities.
In this presentation, we discuss strategies that savvy advisor should be implementing today, including:
- Communications to all clients and prospects
- Updates specifically to top clients
- Objectives and priorities to help the entire team prioritize and focus
- Meeting agendas that are ideal for virtual set-up (and how to set them up)
This presentation is actionable, practical and immediately implementable. We provide access to all language and content after the presentation.
Enhancing Relationships in a Socially-Distanced World
Co-hosted along with five other industry consultants, Penny & others share their thoughts and perspectives on the crisis and how advisors and their teams can thrive in an uncertain landscaoe.
Intentional Prospecting in a Digital-Only World
Co-hosted along with Kurt Kersey of ScaledUP Marketing, on this webinar Penny discusses how advisors can pivot immediately and use social media and digital content to differentiate and attract prospects.
- How to build a following on social media.
- How to build content around what your ideal prospects want to hear and read.
- How to implement even without someone on your team “dedicated to marketing.”
Five Uncomfortable Marketing Ideas to Try This Week
The best practices you’ll learn about in this video include:
- Record a video of yourself talking about your practice and value proposition. Encourage your team to do the same. Get used to being on video!
- Send out a survey to clients eliciting feedback from them on their experience the last 30 days.
- Text the kids of your clients and anyone whom you’ve met through clients but have procrastinated following up with.
- Approach a COI and suggest hosting a free webinar or conference calls for his/her clients.
- Host a LIVE session for clients.
How to Speak Louder than the Media to Your Clients
Fear can lead to irrational behavior no matter how well you think you’ve prepared clients for market volatility. Listen to this podcast to learn more about how to communicate with your clients during this turbulent time. The takeaways include:
- Send out a personal communication to all your top clients highlighting what’s happening, its impact on them and your action plan.
- Make this sort of communication commonplace; empower a Director of Planning or Investments to send ongoing communications to top clients.
- Consider hosting a webinar for top clients to share insights and field questions.
- Create a new page on your site dedicated to the “client journey.”
Three Lessons We’ve Learned from Corona Virus
The takeaways include:
- Most advisors aren’t speaking to their clients…. even though this is a PRIME opportunity to actually speak to their clients.
- Working from home works!
- Many advisors are trying to impress other advisors on social media. They should be trying to impress their clients.
- At 0:22, you’ll learn that you don’t have to write on a whiteboard backwards while on video!
Three Ways to Adapt in Light of Corona Virus
In this video, you’ll learn that now is the time:
- When clients will learn who has sold them something and who is an advisor.
- Where new advisors can hit the ground RUNNING.
- Where we show clients that we have the tools to stress test their plans.
- Where we teach team members to consider objectives and not tasks.
For Advisors Navigating Their First Bear Market
Penny’s advice for financial advisors in this Financial Advisor IQ article includes, “Put our egos aside and leverage the people in this business.” Read the full article on the Financial Advisor IQ website.
The Best Ideas to Engage Clients and Generate Business
The takeaways include:
- Use Advanced search options on LinkedIn to find ideal prospects connected to your friends. Offer them a second opinion on their portfolios or free planning session.
- Offer to pick up groceries or medicine for your elderly clients.
- Reintroduce your wealth management services to all your clients who haven’t engaged with you in a while.
- Host a Facebook LIVE or Zoom session for 1) all of your clients/prospects in one target market or 2) your team and their families.
- Provide “concierge” service to top clients by providing them updates on their plans and “stress tests in their portfolios.”
Best Practices for Advisors
On this live webinar, Penny shared her best practices from keynote presentations, including topics like:
- hiring & team development
- business planning
- systemizing client engagement
- and more!
Best Practices for Recording and Hosting Video Sessions
Watch this quick video to learn best practices for conducting meetings using ZOOM.
Coaching & Presentations
Are you interested in a free coaching session with Thrivos Leadership Coach Katie McKenna?
Small Group Presentations
Would you like to have Penny Phillips facilitate a small group webinar, focusing on doing business during these uncertain times?
Ask a Question
If you have any questions about the content you see on this page, or want to know how we might be able to help in your unique situation, don’t hesitate to reach out. We’re standing by to help.